Healthy eating active living and economic development
Municipal leaders work to create livable, prosperous communities – places where people want to live, work, locate and grow their businesses, raise families, and age. Healthy eating and active living (HEAL) policies and practices can improve a community’s health and livability and enhance its local economy. Understanding ways in which HEAL policies contribute to a city’s or town’s economic development can help local leaders generate support for HEAL initiatives and facilitate their efforts to improve and sustain their community’s economy.
- Economic Benefits of Healthy Eating and Active Living Fact Sheet
- HEAL and Economic Development: Resources for Municipalities
- Virginia Town & City Article: What does a body (and an economy) good? by Susan DeFrancesco
- Case Study: HEAL and Economic Development in Roanoke, Virginia
- Case Study: HEAL and Economic Development in Frederick, Maryland