Joining the HEAL Cities & Towns Campaign is free and easy.
Step 1: Articulate Your Vision
Adopt a Resolution stating 2-3 policy goals your municipality will work on to make it easier for residents to eat better and move more.
Look at a Sample Resolution, and then use our Draft Resolution templates to create your own.
Step 2: Share the News
Once your City/Town Council passes the Resolution, share it with the HEAL Campaign, and Congratulations! You are the newest HEAL City/Town in the Mid-Atlantic.
What you get:
- HEAL City/Town logo for your use
- Media relations assistance
- Recognition at League events
- Technical assistance on policy work
Step 3: Get Free Help
HEAL Technical Assistance includes:
- Sample policies
- Strategies for successful policy adoption
- Regional trainings
- HEAL Staff working with you/staff on-site
- Phone access to HEAL staff
Step 4: Adopt Policies
Adopt policies that your municipality set as goals in its resolution to shape your community into a place where residents and employees can make healthy choices about food and physical activity.