A few last minute spots are available! RSVP today! You must RSVP via our website www.tinyurl.com/CSworkshop2014 or email Marisa Jones at firstname.lastname@example.org
The HEAL Cities & Towns Campaign, in partnership with the Greater Washington DC Safe Routes to School Regional Network, is hosting a Complete Streets Policy Adoption & Implementation Workshop. The workshop is valued at $9,000 and usually municipalities must bear the cost, however the partnership between HEAL Cities & Greater Washington DC SRTS Regional Network is making it possible for you to attend for free. Breakfast and snacks will be served.
Workshop Learning Objectives: The learning objectives of this workshop are to bring together strategically targeted elected officials and agency staff from local, county, regional and state, governments to:
- Consider the multiple benefits of Complete Streets
- Discuss and articulate local Complete Streets visions and interests, including Green Streets policies
- Review the regional policy template, and county and state Complete Streets policies, and consider how they relate to small cities and towns
- Consider steps for effectively integrating and implementing Complete Streets policies into everyday practice
- Identify next steps for local policy adoption and implementation.
We have a National Complete Streets Coalition certified trainer, Carol Kachadoorian from Toole Design Group, who will be leading the workshop, and a panel of county, regional, and state experts that will also be on hand to answer your questions. Panelists include:
· Dennis German, Chief, Community Design Division, Maryland State Highway Administration
· Michael Farrell, Senior Transportation Planner, Metropolitan Washington Council of Governments
· Russell Carroll, Project Manager, Prince George’s County Department of Public Works and Transportation
· Fred Schaffer, Planner Coordinator, Maryland National Capital Parks and Planning Commission.
Additionally, you can receive 3.75 certification maintenance credits from the American Planning Association and we are happy to provide participation certificates for other professional certifications.
If you, colleagues, or staff are interested in participating, we need RSVPs as soon as possible.
You must RSVP via our website www.tinyurl.com/CSworkshop2014 or email Marisa Jones at email@example.com