Sponsored by the Safe Routes to School National Partnership, join this upcoming webinar on March 18, 2015:
Biking and Communities of Color: Friend or Foe?
When advocating for improvements to community safety, health, physical activity and food access, there is one common solution - mobility. Having active transportation options to access one's everyday needs is a right that everyone should have. Biking in communities of color is not new, yet, in so many neighborhoods, the appearance of protected lanes is deemed the beginning of gentrification. Fortunately, there are bike advocates around the country who are producing results that show biking as a solution to community revitalization and not a trigger for displacement.
- Lyna Truong, Asian and Pacific Islander Obesity Prevention Alliance (APIOPA)
- Adrian M. Lipscombe, Austin Transportation Department
- Martha Roskowski, PeopleForBikes
- Olatunji Oboi Reed, Slow Roll Chicago
- Keith Benjamin, Safe Routes to School National Partnership
Register for this free webinar: